During the week of what would have been our largest fundraiser of the year, our annual Gala, we were able to participate in a week of generosity through GiveAtHomeMN, and it was a huge success! Thank you to everyone who participated in our events. Whether it was watching the documentary at the film screenings, attending our social hour webinar, or participating in the silent auction, we were thrilled to see the support and passion for protecting the Boundary Waters from sulfide-ore copper mining.
You made an incredible impact:
$136,000 raised in a week!
900+ donors from 45 states
$40,000 in matching gifts
$10,650 from the Silent Auction
Our original goal was to raise $60,000 and it only took a few days until we had to raise that goal due to the overwhelming generosity from Boundary Waters defenders like you!
What will this money go towards?
When you support Save the Boundary Waters, you are supporting a strategic, multi-pronged approach to achieve permanent protection for the Boundary Waters watershed from copper mining.
Save the Boundary Waters is working on multiple fronts to protect this special place. These efforts include:
- Educating and raising public awareness about the dangers of sulfide-ore copper mining on the edge of the Boundary Waters
- Lobbying and meeting with lawmakers on the state and national levels
- Significant time and resources conducting and assembling scientific research and studies, engaging in litigation when necessary
- Participating in public input processes and rallying thousands of citizens to weigh in
- Running a robust outreach program that creates Wilderness ambassadors across the entire country
- And more!
Thank you for supporting permanent protection for the Boundary Waters!
Didn’t get a chance to give? It’s not too late to donate! When you make a gift today, you support this comprehensive approach to protecting this incredible Wilderness. GiveMN is waiving transaction fees through the end of May, so you can still donate today!