Winter is a great time to start planning your summer 2021 Boundary Waters Wilderness trips! Visit again or for your first time, and remember why this wild place is truly worth saving.
On Wednesday, January 27, Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness entry permits become available through Recreation.gov. The most popular entry points and dates will fill up first and don’t forget, you will need an entry permit for any overnight/multi-day trips in the Boundary Waters between May 1 and September 30.
Are you interested in planning a canoe trip but are not sure where to start? Many outfitting businesses provide route and trip planning options as well as gear rental, guiding services, and even lodging before and after your camping trip.
- Bearskin Lodge
- Clearwater Historic Lodge & Canoe Outfitters
- Ely Outfitting Company & Boundary Waters Guide Service
- Hungry Jack Canoe Outfitters
- Lodge of Whispering Pines
- Piragis Northwoods Company
- River Point Outfitting Co.
- Rockwood Lodge and Outfitters
- Sawbill Canoe Outfitters
- Sawtooth Outfitters
- Williams and Hall Outfitters
- Women’s Wilderness Discovery
Check out more Boundary Waters Business supporters here.
Do you just need a little help with route planning maps? Try Paddle Planner. It’s a great route-planning tool (and many outfitters use it too!)
We hope you can experience a trip to the Boundary Waters this year!